Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Serial Numbers 1032A

classique, modified 3 Years ago.

Serial Numbers 1032A

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 12/18/18 Recent Posts

Hello to everybody,

I want to buy a pair of used 1032A.

Unfortunately most privat vendors do not have an original invoice to check for manufacture date etc.

So the only way to check is by serial number.

Is there a general way (a rule) to find out the manufacture date by myself, or do I have to ask here each time I find an interesting offer?

As I plan to use the 1032 in a professional way, I am also looking for a matching pair.

Could you please tell me the manufacture date and whether it is a matching pair for the following Serial Numbers:

SN: 1032 A      : PM6105084    -   PM4104137

Thank you in advance!

Wally

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Serial Numbers 1032A

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hello,

I kindly recommend to contact us directly to our e-mail at service(at)genelec.com for faster responses. As this information is not useful for other users in the community forum.

1032A PM4104137 is made in 2/2002
1032A PM6105084 is made in 2/1998

Here at Genelec factory, we calibrate each monitor exactly the same way, and therefore even these monitors are made in different year, they should sound the same. However, if you want to be 100% sure, you can ask your nearest distributor and authorized service to measure and re-calibrate them if necessary to match perfectly together.

You can find our distributors from link below:

https://www.genelec.com/where-buy

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support

classique, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Serial Numbers 1032A

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 12/18/18 Recent Posts

Thank you Jani,

the monitors mentioned were offered as not older than 5 years!

Just to show the difference between the word of the vendor and the reality presented by checking the serial numbers.

Best regards!

Wally