Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8130A + 7261A GLM calibration issue

bane, modified 3 Years ago.

8130A + 7261A GLM calibration issue

Padawan Posts: 40 Join Date: 6/11/09 Recent Posts

Hello,

I'm using pair of 8130A monitors and 7261A subwoofer with GLM 3.1 and constantly have a calibration issue. When I finished phase alignment and store the settings, the sound I hear from the sistem is somehow wider then original sound (AutoCal Bypassed). When playback only vocal channel from the session, calibrated settings tend to move the panorama from center to left significantly. I repeat the calibration process for several times and nothing changes. Any idea what should I have to do to eliminate this issue? Could it be u bug in this hardware/software combination?

Regards, Bane

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: 8130A + 7261A GLM calibration issue

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hello,

Thank you for your question, and I'm sorry for late reply. Could you send the same question with the calibration setup of GLM to service(at)genelec.com, and we will get back to you soon after we investigate the file.

You can attach the calibration steup by going to "Help|Export Setup to Desktop" and attach the .zip file from the desktop to the e-mail.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team