Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8030A + 7040A

wjohnston92, modified 3 Years ago.

8030A + 7040A

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/21/19 Recent Posts

Hi, first post on here. I got a great deal on a pair of 8030As and I have an opportunity to get a 7040 to go along with it (a 7050 is physically too big for my current desk and room setup). My room measures 12feet x11.5feetx8feet and is undergoing treatment in the corners and first reflection points.  I know 7050 is the recommended sub for 8030, but would a 7040 + 8030 be better than just the 8030s alone for more accurate mix decisions below 55-60hz? I keep the volume on the 8030s quite low and when outputting through my interface at full, the volume in the room is more than enough, so it’s really bass extension I’m interested in, I don’t think competing for power should be an issue.  Many thanks! 

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: 8030A + 7040A

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Welcome to the Community forum!

This question have been also answered before on earlier thread (8030A and 8030B are acoustically the same):

https://www.community.genelec.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/913279

You can use the 7040A with the 8030A's, and extend the low frequency range of the whole system. 7040A will run out of juice before the 8030A's, but if you listen at moderate levels that would not be a problem.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team