Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

G3+F2-ISS

jaril, modified 3 Years ago.

G3+F2-ISS

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 1/24/19 Recent Posts

Hi/hei!

I've got Yamaha WXC50 -> (RCA)  -> F two -> (2x XLR) -> 2x G three

It takes forever (or a random time) for the speakers to go to sleep (ISS). I have noticed, for example today, the right speaker goes to sleep, but the left stays alive, like the subwoofer. Next, the left spkeaker falls asleep. Then, subwoofer goes to sleep, but both G3's wake up at the moment. Now both G3's are alive, and F2 is asleep. Why? I don't get it. If XLRs should be protected from the ext noise, why is it that G3's still wake up when F2 falls asleep? I'd like to see them all go to sleep at the same time, after an hour or so. At present, there has been more than 4 hours of inactivity from the amplifier, and both G3s are still active.

If I arrange the setup without F2, the G2's are shut down (to s leep) properly after an hour of inactivity. Also, if I connect F2 through RCA to yamaha, the ISS works, I think.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Jari
Helsinki

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: G3+F2-ISS

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hi Jari,

Could you be kind and fill a service enquiry from link below, and please let us know the serial numbers of your subwoofer and monitors. You can message us in Finnish/English. We will get back to you shortly.

https://www.genelec.com/service-enquiry-form

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support

Thanks Jani for quick reply! I'll fill the form.

Regards,

Jari

Hi!

Since over a month I have not had a reply for my Genelec service enquiry I submitted via the mentioned website. Is there a long queue? The issue is still there.

BR,
Jari

RE: G3+F2-ISS (Answer)

Hi Jari!

I'm sorry that you did not have reply. We started using new customer support tool to reply e-mails, and it seems something went wrong on the configuration when you contacted us, and we did not get notification of your e-mail.

I'm deeply sorry for that, and I will reply to your e-mail now.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team

Many thanks again for the quick reply!

Hi Jaril,

I have replied to you on e-mail on 5.4.2019, please let me know here if you have not received an reply. Please also check your junk e-mail.

Br,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team

Thanks Jani, I have received your email on 5.4.!