Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

GLM Restful API

limealot, modified 3 Years ago.

GLM Restful API

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 10/15/14 Recent Posts

Would it be technically possible to add local network connectivity and a Restful API to provide general access to the GLM network? I can see many useful applications from this. GLM is great, but currently restricted to be controlled only by desktop software. A Restful API hosted on a local network would make countless new integrated solutions possible. 

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: GLM Restful API

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and proposal. At the moment this is not possible, but I'll forward your idea to our Software Developers.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support team

limealot, modified 3 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 10/15/14 Recent Posts

Thanks!

Even without such a feature, I'm very happy with my speakers already (pair of 8330A + GLM).

soundwave, modified 3 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 12 Join Date: 7/17/17 Recent Posts
I highly support this request as well. Offering APIs to products and services is a great way to scale and outsource innovation nowadays.
jussisallinen, modified 1 Year ago.

Youngling Posts: 6 Join Date: 7/30/20 Recent Posts

API would be great for ie. changing Groups remotely.

Technically only way seems to be exposing the API endpoint from the GLM software which then would interact with the GLM controller as the speakers don’t have IP connectivity but that would technically be just enough.

davidy, modified 1 Year ago.

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 5/8/20 Recent Posts

I'd also love this capability. I mentioned in another thread that I'd love to have a remote control for some GLM presets, since I use a Genelec system for an incredible listening system (not connected to a computer). In lieu of a specialized remote, I'd be happy to "DIY" if I had an API. I'm tempted to try to reverse engineer the protocol. Even if not a REST API exactly, a protocol or API specification, even a rough one, or an SDK, would be very helpful!

masza, modified 1 Year ago.

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 7/1/14 Recent Posts

This would be very useful for me. I would like to have an API/interface to get current volume level, change groups etc. Even the method jussisallinen presented above would be enough for starters.

mans, modified 1 Year ago.

Youngling Posts: 15 Join Date: 6/26/20 Recent Posts

Excellent request +1.

Very usefull on recalling groups, setting levels, etc.

Might even be working together with players, supporting the REST Api, like JRiver which is soo powerfull and feature rich :-)

Looking forward to hear more from Genelec's team on this feature.