Message Boards

7060B Bass Rolloff settings

ramesh, modified 1 Year ago.

7060B Bass Rolloff settings

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 3/30/19 Recent Posts

1) What frequencies does the bass rolloff dip switch settings on the 7060B control ?

2)What are the suggested settings -2, -4 or -6 db when the subwoofer is placed 18 inches from the back of the sub to the back wall and 9 inch from the side of the sub to the side wall. This is my sub sweet spot. I am trying to controll the bass boost in the 40 Hz to 100 Hz region and the resonating effects in the room to the extent possible with the dip switch settings.

There is no bass tilt dip switch, so I suppoe the sensitivity setting is what will control the level of bass.

Thanks for any tips on Bass tilt and Bass rolloff.

jani-oksanen, modified 1 Year ago.

RE: 7060B Bass Rolloff settings

Jedi Master Posts: 427 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hello,

1. Please look at the page 7 of the 7060B manual: https://www.genelec.com/sites/default/files/media/Studio%20monitors/7000%20Series%20Studio%20Monitors/7060B/om7000_2.pdf

2. It is always almost impossible to give suggested settings without listening. Please follow the manual to set the phase correctly to your room, and start by adjusting the volume trimmer of the subwoofer to wanted level and after that use the bass roll of dip switches if necessery. You can also use measuring microphone and software (such as Room EQ Wizard), to measure the frequency response you are getting to the listening position from the subwoofer.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team

ramesh, modified 1 Year ago.

RE: 7060B Bass Rolloff settings

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 3/30/19 Recent Posts

Thank you for the link to the document and the tips.