Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8030A Studio Monitors

andyp, modified 3 Years ago.

8030A Studio Monitors

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 5/28/19 Recent Posts

I had a pair for years, maybe 6 to 9 years.

One afternoon while listening to a track, one of the units decided to start a constant hf hiss after a sudden spike in the music amplitude..

I disconnected the power and signal cable.

Reconnected the power and the hiss remains there even with no signal cable connected.

The hiss is almost not there, it is like listening to a distant little waterfall in a forrest.

What I noticed sometimes when an electric light is turned on/off, I do get a sharp click from that monitor, not noticed that before until today. Actually I am not sure if that only comes from one unit or both.

:-(

I wonder if a capacitor has failed. The units are way out of guarantee so I am tempted to open the units up and measure / compaire the components of each to see if are any signs of failure.

Could you guide me what could have failed.

I have a capacitor tester, and multi meter to check resistors.

A schematic would be fantastic if you could email one.

Thanks for the great devices. I have always, even now with this hiss.

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: 8030A Studio Monitors

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. I would kindly ask you to contact your nearest distributor who can help you to have the monitors repaired in Genelec authorized service. Due our company policy, we can't share schematics of our products.

You can find your nearest distributor (and authorized service) from link below:

https://www.genelec.com/where-buy

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team