Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

subs for 8040b's

krismajor, modified 3 Years ago.

subs for 8040b's

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 6/29/19 Recent Posts

I recently purchased a pair of 8040b's and I am just curious which woofers are recommended for them? just a list of all them would be good!

as well as"

cheapest?

best suited?

thanks!

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: subs for 8040b's

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hello,

You can find a list of suitable subwoofers for different models from link below, page 22.

https://www.genelec.com/sites/default/files/media/Studio%20monitors/Catalogues/monitor_setup_guide_2018_bbage125e.pdf

A recommended subwoofer from our current product portfolio would be 7360A or 7370A.

From our previous discontinued subwoofers also 7060A, 7060B and 7070A would be suitable, these would be the cheapest if you can locate them 2nd handed. We still offer spare parts for all these models, and we always design our products to last very long times.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
​​​​​​​Customer Support Team

hs, modified 3 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 8/12/19 Recent Posts

Hi, I am using 4x 8040A's and need to upgrade to a 5.1 system, I am looking for another 8040 as a Center and the smallest possible Sub (I don't need high SPL and am usually fine with the Bass coming out of the 8040's, I just need that LFE for some 5.1 production.

Would there be any benefit using a 7360A over a 7060A with my 8040A's? E.g. is it possible (and would it make sense) to only calibrate the 7360A Sub with the GLM Software? 

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Years ago.

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hello!

Yes, it makes sense to have the 7360A over 7060A. With the 7360A you can calibrate the subwoofer to your room with the GLM. With the 7360A you will have more accurate frequency response after the GLM calibration than 7060A with the DIP-switches settings.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team