Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8331+7360A or 8351+7360A?

tom.k, modified 3 Years ago.

8331+7360A or 8351+7360A?

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 9/4/19 Recent Posts

My room is 3.5m x 2.5m. I'm considering two solutions:
​​​​​​​(1) 2 x 8331 + 7360A (or 7350A)
​​​​​​​(2) 2 x 8351 + 7360A (or 7350A)

​​​​​​​If there is no subwoofer, I think 8351 is better than 8331 definitely. However, I plan to combine with a subwoofer 7360A (or 7350A). Can anyone provide the suggestions to me?

Thanks!

ceaser, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: 8331+7360A or 8351+7360A?

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 9/8/19 Recent Posts

I've got a chance to work with 8331 with GML2 in a much bigger room  and I can asure you, they can sing much lower and louder. In such a tiny space you'll suffer more or less from standing waves at a certain frequency and adding 8351, with even more extended low end will brings  more problems .
So, I would recommend you to start with a 8331 and later, if it's needed to add a dedicated sub for them. It will hepls also /with GLM/ to dislocate the source of the low end and dealing with a dips and valleys under 120 hrz. At the end you'll have an optimal credible full range system in the bedroom.