Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

7050C too much bass

hong, modified 3 Years ago.

7050C too much bass

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/3/19 Recent Posts

I get a pair of 8030B and 7050C as subwoofer. I find the bass too much,too heavy and I don't know how to set the sensitivity adjustment and bass roll off etc. Please tell me how to decrease the bass. What is the difference between positive and negative value on sensitivity adjustment?

costakis, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: 7050C too much bass

Padawan Posts: 76 Join Date: 2/13/19 Recent Posts

Please try to find the guide provided by Genelec that comes with the subwoofer. It is a piece of paper that will answer your questions. 

Then, for best results, you will need a masurement mike for setting up the level of both the sub and the satellites. Acoustic treatment and optimal placement of the speakers will help.