Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

ISO-Pod for Genelec Subwoofers?

chrisso1989, modified 3 Years ago.

ISO-Pod for Genelec Subwoofers?

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 10/1/19 Recent Posts

Hey what's good?

Is there something like ISO-Pods for subwoofers as well? I heard that some studios undocked their sub's from the ground. Does it make sense? 

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance :-)

janne-koo, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: ISO-Pod for Genelec Subwoofers?

Padawan Posts: 73 Join Date: 10/26/15 Recent Posts

Well, under a 7350A, I've used pads designed to keep desktop computers safe from vibrations from nearby explosions (at construction sites). My only point, though, was to make the boom box sit still on an uneven wooden cottage floor... (Oh yes, I really did take it along on a trip with a pair of 8330's and will do so again. :-)) 

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Didn't seem to do anything bad, hard to say whether there was any other than the most obvious benefit though. At least this option wouldn't be too expensive to try for yourself.

lukester, modified 3 Years ago.

Jedi Master Posts: 296 Join Date: 4/22/10 Recent Posts

Yeah, decoupling can remove distortion from the signal. It's a good thing, if the floof doesn't become part of the speaker.

Concrete stands and quarz sand also make sense.

manutal, modified 3 Years ago.

Jedi Knight Posts: 180 Join Date: 4/25/14 Recent Posts