Message Boards

Reference level at custom value

soundmixdude, modified 3 Months ago.

Reference level at custom value

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 12/25/18 Recent Posts

I like to change the system level of my 8351a's. The reference level to operate on my reference noise from the DAW. I need 10 more dB from the speaker to be on the correct level. I noticed dip switches that can change that. E.g. from -30 dB (all dip switches on) to -20 dB. That gives exactly the 10 dB that I need. Changing those dip switches doesn't change the level. I have a GLM. In the software the dip switch has been noticed that it is changed. But there is no change in level. How do change this system level?

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Months ago.

RE: Reference level at custom value

Jedi Master Posts: 427 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hi there,

When using GLM network, it override the DIP-switch settings. Using Stored-DIP switch also override other DIP-switch settings.To control volume with GLM, please see picture below which shows where you can adjust:

Please contact us at support@genelec.com, if you require further instructions and we are glad to assist more.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
​​​​​​​Customer Support Team

Thank you Jani for replying my message. Your attached picture gives a question mark and therefore it cannot be displayed.

In my case I would like to have the 79 dB SPL read out at -20 dB. It seems that my sound device is low on the output. I use a Focusrite Scarlet 18i20. Something tells me that the 79 dB SPL was correct a year ago. Since I updated my equipement to a 7.1 setup this happened. I am not sure. Thats why I am checking to see if there are settings on the GLM to adjust the analogue in level.

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Months ago.

Jedi Master Posts: 427 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hello,

​​​​​​​I apology, please find attached below. If this is not what you are looking for, I would recommend to contact us at support@genelec.com ​​​​​​​and we are glad to assist further.

​​​​​​​Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
​​​​​​​Customer Support Team