Message Boards

Volume Level muted on power on Genelec 8351A with GLM USB power

AM, modified 2 Months ago.

Volume Level muted on power on Genelec 8351A with GLM USB power

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/30/19 Recent Posts

Hello,

I have a pair of 8351A connected to a GLM adapter 8300-416 (powered over USB power supply, not a PC) and controlled by a wireless remote 9101A.

The issue is that each time I turn the complete system on, the speakers are on the lowest volume level respectively muted.
I have to increase the volume via the wireless remote EACH time to the level I want to have.
This is kind of annoying.
I think though that it is a normal behavior according to the explanations I found till now
(GLM connected to the PC without software running still mute until the software is started).
Not clear either if it is also a case if connected to USB power only.

Big question: Why the GLM adapter and/or the loudspeakers itself are not able of saving the last used level?
Almost all other consumer electronics have this simple feature but such a professional equipment does not.
WHY NOT?

Regards
Andreas

libattery, modified 5 Days ago.

RE: Volume Level muted on power on Genelec 8351A with GLM USB power

Youngling Posts: 8 Join Date: 8/4/16 Recent Posts

I think Genelec is trying to prevent a sudden loud noise.  You can just leave GLM adapter always "ON".  or You can use wired volume controller. 

nachjos, modified 5 Days ago.

RE: Volume Level muted on power on Genelec 8351A with GLM USB power

Padawan Posts: 32 Join Date: 10/21/16 Recent Posts

I have exactly the same setup as you. GLM or SAM is not able to store the last used level (which is also a risk, if the level was quite high), but you can store the loudness level on startup within the speaker with GLM. That works fine is and should solve your problem.