Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8331 buying advice

jeanclaudevanlee, modified 2 Years ago.

8331 buying advice

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 4/11/20 Recent Posts

Hi,

I've been saving money for a while now to buy new pair of studio monitors and I think I can finally make a purchase. I would like to get Ones but I'm still wondering about the size. 

I just need an advice if I should go with 8331 or 8341? I was happy with my Adam A7 for the last 10 years and don't really need to go that much deeper in the bass territory but I'm just affraid 8331 without subwoofer won't give me much information what's going on there. Is it better investment to go with 8341?

I work in a relatively small studio/art working place 8 x 5 meters and I won't be moving from here soon. 

Would really appreciate any suggestion here!

Thanks so much!

ensoniq, modified 2 Years ago.

RE: 8331 buying advice

Padawan Posts: 47 Join Date: 5/30/15 Recent Posts

The higher investment for the 8341 will reward you. As good as the 8331 is and in sound almost identical, the higher price for the 8341 will definitely pay off. I found the difference  really obvious. Especially when you sit a little further away from the speakers.The 8341 is simply more relaxed in handling higher volume and low frequencies. It has more body in a  -sorry to sound  esotherical- "natural" way. btw:  your room is not that small , considering 40 qm for such little speakers you should go for the 8341.

jeanclaudevanlee, modified 2 Years ago.

RE: 8331 buying advice

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 4/11/20 Recent Posts

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I was planning to buy 8331 but right it might be better idea to wait a bit longer and get 8441. I don't plan to change those speakers for the next decade or so - I can wait a bit with the purchase :)