Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8020A capacitor missing on main board

cjerome, modified 2 Years ago.

8020A capacitor missing on main board

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 10/13/20 Recent Posts

Hello guys! I’m new here, hopefully this question is in the right category. 

I got a pair of 8020A and one is not working. It had a broken fuse and after replacing the fuse it just broke again with a spark. After taking everything apart, I saw that there was a smd capacitor broken on the main board. I removed it as it was broken in two parts. Please see pictures attached. Probably this could be the problem blowing out the fuse? I can install a new capacitor (if it is a capacitor) but I don’t know the exact value of this part. Can somebody please tell me?

ps: if this doesn’t cause the problem, any idea what else it could be?

thanks in advance and greetings from Berlin! Jerome 

antong, modified 2 Years ago.

RE: 8020A capacitor missing on main board

Padawan Posts: 76 Join Date: 6/12/20 Recent Posts

Hello, cjerome!

I'm sorry to hear about the fault. Sounds like there might be more serious problem than just broken capacitor. I would recommend you to take the monitor for repair. We have authorized technical service in Heilbronn. You can find their contacts by clicking this link. By repairing the monitor in authorized service you will ensure its safety and original acoustical properties.

Anton,
Factory service team