Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Surround speaker recommendation

tonygeno, modified 1 Year ago.

Surround speaker recommendation

Youngling Posts: 18 Join Date: 1/1/16 Recent Posts

I own three 8361s that I use for music listening and home theater (mainly music listening though). My surrounds are currently THX Ultra certified In walls. Main listening seat is approximately 3 meters from the front speakers. My processor has Dirac Live. Room size is approximately 82 cubic meters (2900 cubic feet). I am thinking of going to Genelecs for the sides (approximately two meters away) and rears (4.5 meters behind the main listening chair). I have two rows of seats, but the rear row is rarely used.

I would like to use GLM for the new speakers. My question is would something like 8330s be sufficient? I occasionally like to listen to movie peaks around 100db. I do have dual HSU research sealed subs in each of the front corners for LFE and surround low end duties. Thanks for any help on this. 

costakis, modified 1 Year ago.

RE: Surround speaker recommendation

Padawan Posts: 76 Join Date: 2/13/19 Recent Posts

Check here for distances- dbs:  https://www.genelec.com/correct-monitors What do yo think about subwoffers? Your room is medium to large volume.