Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Power switch on 8020c not working - Springs Back

samirobaid, modified 5 Years ago.

Power switch on 8020c not working - Springs Back

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 3/25/17 Recent Posts
Hey, I recently (last week) bought a pair of 8020c speakers and the power switch on one of them monitors is not working.
If I try to turn it on; it does not lock into place but rather springs back and the speaker does not power up.
I have gotten in touch with the music store that sold me the speakers here in Dhaka, Bangladesh but was wondering if it is something simple and can be done from home.

Regards,

Samir Obaid
jani-oksanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Power switch on 8020c not working - Springs Back

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts
Hi Samir,

Sorry for late reply. All Genelec monitor should be serviced in authorized service, and therefore we can't sell spare parts directly to the customers. When opening the monitor, there is needed to change gaskets, screws and do acoustical and safety tests.