Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Genelec 8340A IP

vividireland, modified 4 Years ago.

Genelec 8340A IP

Youngling Posts: 20 Join Date: 1/25/17 Recent Posts
Hi,

Could you tell me if the Genelec 8340A IP are available in the UK and pricing.

Regards
ilkka-rissanen, modified 4 Years ago.

Re: Genelec 8340A IP

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Please contact our UK distributor for more information.

http://www.genelec.com/distributors/GB/London

Source Distribution Ltd

Product porfolio
Studio Monitors Installation Speakers
AddressUnit A, 23 – 25 Sunbeam Road, NW10 6JP
London, United Kingdom
Tel+ 44 208 962 5080
Emailsales@sourcedistribution.co.uk
wwwhttp://www.sourcedistribution.co.uk

RE: Re: Genelec 8340A IP

To ilkka,

Could you offer further advice on a suitable network switch for the Genelec 8340A IP Monitors

I have just taken delivery of a pair to impliment AES67 audio-over-IP within my studio setup.

Regards

RE: Genelec 8340A IP

Hi,

The recommendation for the IP network switch is that you look for “media ready” IP switches that support QoS for media streams. 

To ilkka-rissanen, 

''Aki Mäkivirta says in the Genelec Blog'',

''Let me call you to join in and start exploring the new way of getting connected, without the traditional limitations and with better quality than ever.

The 8430A will open you direct access to experience this new world''.

''I would say a cisco SG 10 to 30 port models have suitable requirements for me or do genelec have any further advice they can offer''.

Regards

To Support,

1. Does all audio and analogue signals require configuration inside the browser to run correctly.

2. Would an ethernet router or hub be suitable to configure the streamed audio through the web browser.

3. One ethernet port is available on my MacBook Pro can this audio from 8340AIP monitors be linked together.

Regards

1. Does all audio and analogue signals require configuration inside the browser to run correctly.

No. The analogue input and the acoustical calibration for the room acoustics can all be done in the GLM Genelec Loudspeaker Manager. No use of the browser GUI is needed for that. The use of the GLM software is needed to select the analogue input. The audio-over-IP stream input is the factory default.

2. Would an ethernet router or hub be suitable to configure the streamed audio through the web browser.

The web browser in the 8430 can be reached at any location in the LAN network, in the same way as for any LAN connected IP device.

3. One ethernet port is available on my MacBook Pro can this audio from 8340AIP monitors be linked together.

The standard configuration for LAN based IP networking should be followed to connect devices. Usually you one or more LAN switches on the network, and all devices connect to one of the IP switch devices. Also the 8430 and the MacBook Pro would connect to an IP switch. These connections do not need to be at the same IP switch, though. When the MacBook Pro is used as the audio-over-IP audio source device, the use of a cable-based LAN connection is necessary. The WLAN or LAN connections can be used for accessing the browser based GUI for setting up the 8430 streaming. 

To ilkka,

I cannot get a digital audio stream connected through the web browser yet.

I may need to use a wired Cat5 cable into my WiFi connected BT smart hub which is located on a lower floor would this be best practice for 

streaming audio through a web browser and connecting these 8340A IP monitors.

Also regarding audible sound its only available when connected into the GLM 2.0 software I can hear a frequency sweep upon system calabration 

but not upon using the main sound XLR inputs connected to the monitors can you offer any further setup advise.

Regards 

To Genelec Support,

Could you explain the following for connecting an audio stream

" to display this setup page, open a web browser and write in the address field the product identifier printed on the back of the monitor

(example of address field content http://8340A-xx-xx-xx-.local./for a monitor with the address 8340A-xx-xx-xx) or alternatively write the IP address the DHCP has assigned for the monitor.

Could you explain why the settings placed into a web browser in Apple Safari of Google Chrome will not allow connection to the setup page 

of the 8340AIP monitors.

Further help would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

jani-oksanen, modified 4 Years ago.

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

This case have been discussed by e-mail and taken care of.

Br,
Jani Oksanen
Factory Service Team