Message Boards

Problem - GLM not storing Acoustics

alexmemory1, modified 4 Years ago.

Problem - GLM not storing Acoustics

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/10/17 Recent Posts
Hi all, first post here :)

First off - love my pair of SAM 8340As. The soundstage is amazing bordering on hilarious when placed in a properly treated room. With 18 broadband absorbers in a small studio, and after 2 hours of careful positioning and measuring, I've achieved an immersive audio environment. I love getting friends in to listen to amazing recordings, such as the newest Radiohead album. Most have never heard music this way before and the reactions are varied from laughing to stunned.

However, I've encountered one small issue: after finishing GLM 2.0 calibration, I like to manually finish the job in the 'Edit Acoustics All' window, adding and adjusting notches here and there to bring the blue line to as flat a response as possible. I then finish the process by hitting 'Confirm Settings'. On restart, my adjustments are always gone when reopening the Edit Acoustics All window, and I'm left with the initial adjustments the AutoCal made. Is there something else I need to be doing to store my settings?

Thanks in advance, Alex
ilkka-rissanen, modified 4 Years ago.

Re: Problem - GLM not storing Acoustics

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your positive comments and question. There are two different ways to store your settings:

1) If you plan to keep the GLM software open all the time, you can just save the setup which can include a maxmum number of five different groups by clicking "File | Save". You can have as many different GLM setups on your hard drive as possible. You can access them by clicking "File | Open" or "Open recent".

2) If you want to run your system in stand alone mode meaning without the network and GLM software, you should save the current group settings to your monitors by clicking "Group | Save current group settings... either at current or maximum level" depending how much input gain you will need to achieve proper volume control at your source device.

Please remember to update your GLM software to the newest version: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2733#p9351
alexmemory1, modified 4 Years ago.

Re: Problem - GLM not storing Acoustics

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/10/17 Recent Posts
Kiitos Ilkka (and moi!)

Sounds like I wasn't doing File ---> Save after my work. Oops!