Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

M030 Isolation and Desktop EQ

huyumars, modified 5 Years ago.

M030 Isolation and Desktop EQ

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/16/17 Recent Posts
Hi, I have brought m030 recently, and put they on my desktop. Now I use ISOAcoustics stands to avoid vibration. It's about 10cm height. I wonder should I turn off the desktop EQ since I have put it away from the desktop already?

By the way, I found if I put four erasers under the speaker without any other isolation, It can have a much better performance even better than the ISO stands or genelec ISO-Pad. Do you have any idea about that?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: M030 Isolation and Desktop EQ

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

10 cm is still fairly close and will cause some bass boost. It is difficult to say without taking acoustical measurements to see the actual frequency response. How does it sound to your ears? Choose the setting that you like the most.

Erasers? If they are only a few cm tall, for sure you will have more bass boost but is it better? Typically people do not prefer that kind of bloated and inaccurate bass.
huyumars, modified 5 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/16/17 Recent Posts
Hi,

10 cm is still fairly close and will cause some bass boost. It is difficult to say without taking acoustical measurements to see the actual frequency response. How does it sound to your ears? Choose the setting that you like the most.

Erasers? If they are only a few cm tall, for sure you will have more bass boost but is it better? Typically people do not prefer that kind of bloated and inaccurate bass.

Thank you for your reply.
It is not about bass. It is about IF and HF. Actually, the bass will be a bit overwhelming when using erasers. However the vocal can be clearer and the sound stage can be better. I suppose undesirable vibration may influence the speakers' performance.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
I doubt the erasers provide any better vibration islation than the other options so I doubt that is the explanation. One would need to take some frequency response measurements to be able to see if they are any different.