Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

7350A Sub with 8020A Monitors

cable909, modified 4 Years ago.

7350A Sub with 8020A Monitors

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/8/17 Recent Posts
Hello,

I recently bought a used sub to augment my 8020A speakers. Despite being advertised as a 7060B the sub that delivered was a 7350A. I understand the newer Genelec's have DSP room correction facilities and I'm wondering if this renders them ineffective with the 8020a's.

Any help / advice is appreciated since I have a window to return the subwoofer.

Thanks
manutal, modified 4 Years ago.

Re: 7350A Sub with 8020A Monitors

Jedi Knight Posts: 180 Join Date: 4/25/14 Recent Posts
Do not return :) The 7350A is a better subwoofer in my opinion then the 7060B. The 7350A has the opportunity to the GLM 2.0 Room calibration etc and to go digital at some point(update the 8020as to 8320As or 8330As)

Sure its only a 8" driver in the 7350 but it has new D class amp with 150w punch when the 7060B has a 10" driver but only 120W and If I remember right it is Class A/B. Much better punch, especially for music in the new Genelec 73- subs when you compare to the old 70-or 72- series.

Free field freq Responces:
7350A: 22 Hz - 100 Hz (-6 dB) / LFE 22 Hz - 160 Hz (-6 dB)
http://www.genelec.com/studio-monitors/ ... -subwoofer

7060B: 19 Hz - 85 Hz (-6 dB)
http://www.genelec.com/studio-monitors/ ... -subwoofer

EDIT: OFC, Yes Get GLM 2.0. It will help you out alot with the subwoofer freqs if your room is not that well acoustically treated and anyway its a really good idea to invest in.

Hope this helps.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 4 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

I think you were quite lucky, actually. You can use 7350A with 8020s but of course the subwoofer will only calibrate itself. But as maNutal wrote, later on you can update your monitors to SAM monitors to be able to benefit from a full system calibration. Just remember to purchase the GLM 2.0 kit already now to be able to calibrate your subwoofer.
cable909, modified 4 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/8/17 Recent Posts
Excellent! Thanks guys