Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8010A Don't understand the manual.

dmilazzo, modified 5 Years ago.

8010A Don't understand the manual.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/6/17 Recent Posts
Hi,

please forgive me for a basic (maybe) question. but, i just bought a pair of 8010A and it's really hard to understand the manual. It's not clear how to adjust the controls on the back of the units. If anyone could guide me, or has the same model. I have a very small room, 3m x 3m. they sit on my desk, next to my apple monitor. I set them at over 5cm from the wall. I don't have a big desk, made of wood, white laminate.

How are th switches meant to be set? and the controls?

Sorry again, just i find the menu really hard to understand, between ISS, sensitivity, tone controls, bass tilt and desktop, not sure which is which.\.

Thank,
Daniele
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: 8010A Don't understand the manual.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Daniele,

Thanks for your question. Since they are on a desk, you should enable the desktop control (dip switch no. #3 counting from the left) which will attenuate frequencies around 200 Hz. Additionally you will probably need to attenuate the overall level of the bass since the monitors are close to a wall. I would start with -2 dB attenuation (dip switch no. #4) but if that still sounds too bass heavy, try -4 dB attenuation (dip switch no. #5).

"ISS disable" switch you can enable if you want your monitors to stay ON all the time.
"Sensitivity -10 dB" switch you can enable if the level (volume) is too high (this depends on your source device).

Does this help at all? :)
dmilazzo, modified 5 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/6/17 Recent Posts
Thank you Ikka,

So, to make it clear, ON is up and Off Down?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Correct!