Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

GLM 2.2.0 Error

svart-hvitt, modified 4 Years ago.

GLM 2.2.0 Error

Padawan Posts: 35 Join Date: 5/6/16 Recent Posts
I just downloaded* the GLM 2.2.0 Build 91 software and updated my GLM Adapter and my 8351a monitors.

After update the monitors are flashing yellow. And the monitors don't appear anymore in the GLM software window, cfr. picture below. However, the GLM software window tells me that 2 monitors are connected on the bottom of the window, see attached screen clip.

In other words, the system doesn't work...the monitor LEDs are flashing constantly.

Any ideas on what to do?

ilkka-rissanen, modified 4 Years ago.

Re: GLM 2.2.0 Error

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Could you try making a new setup (File | New)?

Hi and thanks for replying on a Saturday! :-)

Well, I have tried making a new setup file. I have even installed the software anew on another MacBook Pro and an iMac as well (so I have tried making a new setup on 3 different Macs). The calibration procedure stops because the monitors cannot make the audio sweep.

The two monitors are visible on the "front page" of the GLM software, but they don't make any sound (like for example when I drag them from the "drag'n drop" symbol to the grid). When I click the "diagnose" button, the yellow flash is replaced by green color for about 1 second before the monitor continues flashing yellow.

When I try and make a new update of the monitors, it says "updated failed!". The GLM Adapter can be updated again (firmware version 1.0.10.2183), but not the monitors (firmware version 8351A 3 0015 0151 0240). The monitors are flashing yellow all the time. It's as if the update procedure has crashed something in the monitors.

I cannot make any test signals (test controls) or anything. The monitors are simply dead.

When I tell the GLM software to store factory settings to monitors, i get the following message:

"WARNING! Please check Stored switches of SAM monitors and subwoofers! Acoustic settings of the current group have been stored to the SAM monitors and subwoofers".

I also got this message:

"Failed to store Factory setting to the current group!! All SAM monitors and subwoofers not found on the GLM network, please check the power and network connections".

One more observation: Even if some of the dip switches are "ON", the GLM dialog window says "OFF" on all switches. In other words, it's as if the 8351a monitor can't communicate with the GLM - wouldn't you agree?

FWIW, I tried to cable up an analog setup from a DAC, and nothing happens; the monitor flashes red both with analog cables and without ANY audio cables at all. In other words: The monitors flash red when power cables only are connected.

Is there a factory reset function in the 8351a monitors to reboot the whole thing?

Hi,

It seems that the firmware update process has failed and part of the internal DSP is temporarily jammed. You will need a special software tool from us to be able to fix it. Please wait until tomorrow and I will contact you through email. Sorry about this problem.

EXCELLENT SUPPORT

Thanks Ilkka for following up on a Sunday. Simply excellent support! Support with a Finnish twist to it, obviously :D

:-)
daiyama, modified 4 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 73 Join Date: 1/4/16 Recent Posts
Hi,

It seems that the firmware update process has failed and part of the internal DSP is temporarily jammed. You will need a special software tool from us to be able to fix it. Please wait until tomorrow and I will contact you through email. Sorry about this problem.

Hi Illka,
do you think this is a singular event or would you recommend to wait with the installation of the 2.2.0 Version until you have analysed what caused this?

@svart-hvitt: Hope you get your system up and running soon.

Cheers

I would suggest you wait until we release a new build.
daiyama, modified 4 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 73 Join Date: 1/4/16 Recent Posts
Ok, thanks, will do.

FYI: The monitors work as a charm again after a little Genelec support :D