Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Correct Power Off

vanni, modified 5 Years ago.

Correct Power Off

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 1/24/17 Recent Posts
Hello, I recently bought a pair of 8030B and I'm not really sure if correctly powering everything in the right way/sequence. When I shutdown everything I always power off the genelec first and then the audio interface, but this always gives some powering on back on genelec for a second (green LED on for a second and pop noise) then off. Is it normal? I mean is it normal that also if the the individual speakers are turned off, when I shutdown the audio interface(SPL Crimson) I see the green LED on and pop noise for a second?

Note: the SPL Crimson doesn't have a power off button so I shut it down by the UPS.

The setup is:
-iMac and SPL Crimson on UPS,
-Genelec 8030B (pair) on Multiple-socket

Thanks in advance
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Correct Power Off

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Thanks for your question. Do you have the ISS function enabled or disabled? Can you let me know the serial numbers of the monitors?

Yes the ISS is enabled. (I think cause after some time of inactivity they automatically power off and power on when I play something). For the serial: 8030BPM61031373 (back of one speaker).

I noticed that if I wait a bit more after I powered off individual speakers there is no pop noise.

So that means that the pop noise actually comes from your other devices, probably from the audio interface, which the speaker just plays because it is not completely shut down yet. Problem solved? :)

Not really sure. Do you have an advice?

But you already figured out the reason for the noise?

"I noticed that if I wait a bit more after I powered off individual speakers there is no pop noise."

You just have to wait little bit longer before you power off your audio interface.

Yeah Ok, but I prefer to hear from you what whould be the best way to avoid the problem.