Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

GLM 2.1.0 Bug

artis, modified 5 Years ago.

GLM 2.1.0 Bug

Youngling Posts: 7 Join Date: 5/24/16 Recent Posts
Hi!
After updating from version.2.0 to 2.1.0 some bugs appeared.
1) When I open GLM, main fader is at -120 dB position always. It stayed at fixed position as it was left in last usage, in 2.0 version.
2) When I solo, mute, play all speakers, an Error message appears. "Acces violation at dress 00065F0E, accessing address 000000C4." It's really annoying, since to solo, are mute speaker, now I ned to do 3 clicks, in place of two.
Any ideas what might cause it?
I am on iMac 21.5, Late 2012, Sierra 10.12.1

Regarding Soloing, is there any Keyboard shortcut, Keyboard with mouse, dedicated buttons or other solution planed in future GLM?
For now ( assuming it works without bugs ) to Solo a Chanel and unSolo it, I need to do 4 clicks in total using left and right mouse clicks. That's too much for fast workflows and troubleshooting, if you compare soloing and muting in any DAW.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: GLM 2.1.0 Bug

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Could you please send me (SAM @ genelec.com) your GLM setup files? Please use Help | Export Setup to Desktop option.

Hi Illkka!
Have you received e-mail with files?

Yes we have received your files. Please allow us some time to look at them and figure out the root cause. Thank you!
tonipetteri, modified 5 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 10 Join Date: 5/1/14 Recent Posts
HI,

I seem to have a similar problem with 2.1.0.
When opening GLM, main fader is at -120 dB position always, regardless how it was saved or left in previous session.

- When selecting between a preconfigured speaker set up tabs (My stereo and surround configuration tabs) or pressing "Mute" button in GLM software, an "Access violation" Error message appears (See image).

- The program also loses my USB (Powermate) control. It is recognized after selecting the option again from the drop down menu (Enable USB controller).

- I tried reinstalling the software and erasing all folders mentioning genelec. No luck.

- Pressing Help / export setup to desktop wont export anything to desktop.

my set up is Win 10 64 bit, with latest updates.

Any other way I can help you guys with something useful ?

I was thinking, that it's a Mac OS compatibility related problem, but now looks it's not the case. :(

Hi all,

These all are known bugs and will be fixed in 2.2.0 update release.

Thanks Ilkka! Good to know.
Any expectations when it might happen?

Very soon! :)