Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Hooking up M040 to two different sources?

laxu, modified 5 Years ago.

Hooking up M040 to two different sources?

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 12/19/16 Recent Posts
So I have a pair of Genelec M040 monitors on my desk. At the moment they are hooked up to my audio interface, but I would also like to hook up my Fractal Axe-Fx 2 to the speakers. For now I have done this by using SPDIF to my audio interface, but just being able to go straight to the speakers would probably sound a tiny bit better and be more convenient.

Is there any issue with using both the RCA and XLR inputs on the M040 at the same time? I would connect my Echo AudioFire4 audio interface via RCA and Axe-Fx 2 via XLR. Audio would most likely just come from one source at a time because I would be using headphones from the audio interface and computer.

If that is not recommended, what device would you recommend for switching between the two without audio degradation? I would not mind having a physical master volume control in there too.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Hooking up M040 to two different sources?

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

You can connect two different sources to the monitor using its XLR and RCA inputs, no problem at all.