Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Popping Noise

rkari, modified 5 Years ago.

Popping Noise

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 11/14/12 Recent Posts
Hi. I've just purchased a pair of Genelec 8040 and noticed that they produce quite a loud pop when I turn them on or off. I always power them up last in the chain and first when powering down. I previously had the Genelec 8030 and they were silent. Is this popping normal? Thanks
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Popping Noise

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Can you record a short video with your mobile phone which shows the pop sound?

Please see link below. The pop is a lot deeper than it sounds on the video.

https://youtu.be/a1YSic4Q3RA
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

That is perfectly normal sound, no need to worry.

Thanks for your help Ilkka.