Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Problem with GLM going offline

joel-ssm, modified 5 Years ago.

Problem with GLM going offline

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 11/9/16 Recent Posts
Hello,

I recently purchased a pair of Genelec 8340s with the GLM kit. It works great for the most part but something weird happens: after a period of time the GLM2 software does this thing where it blinks between offline and connected. I'm pretty sure the calibration is in tact and the volume control knob still works (but it doesn't show the adjustment on the GLM software like it usually does). The only way to correct this is to mute the incoming audio signal and unplug and re-plug in the USB cable on the back of the Genelec adapter. Is there something I'm doing wrong or has anyone experienced this same problem? Does the software lose connection after a period of inactivity? Unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable does work but one time my computer re-started on me after doing this; so I'd like to avoid this if possible. This is all happening with all of the proper cables plugged in and on OSX 10.9.5

Thanks in advance!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Problem with GLM going offline

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Have you disabled the App Nap feature? http://osxdaily.com/2014/05/13/disable- ... -mac-os-x/

How about any other USB suspend settings?