Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Genelec 7050b and four Yamaha hs50m's

andreasbusk, modified 5 Years ago.

Genelec 7050b and four Yamaha hs50m's

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 9/21/16 Recent Posts
Hi All,

I hope you can help.

I need to know whether it is technically doable and sonically reasonable to connect the Genelec 7050b subwoofer with my four Yamaha hs50m's.

The 7050b is built for use with 8030 and 8020. They have both inputs and output jacks while my Yamaha speakers only have input. Does that make them incompatible with the 7050b?

Best wishes,

Andreas
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Genelec 7050b and four Yamaha hs50m's

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Dear Andreas,

Unfortunately I cannot recommend to use that kind of combination. Genelec monitors and subwoofers are designed to work as a system and to compliment each other. Other type of combinations may have unexpected results and subpar performance.

Hi Illka,

Thanks for your response!

The thing is, this is the gear I have at my disposal as of my coming project. I am ok with the fact that the odd combination is somewhat subpar until I can upgrade to Genelec 8020 or 8030 monitors.

But can the 7050b and the HS50m actually work/be connected successfully?

Best wishes,

Andreas
lukester, modified 5 Years ago.

Jedi Master Posts: 296 Join Date: 4/22/10 Recent Posts
you can use genelec sub and yamaha tops.

it's probally better than yamaha tops + sub

genelec can't condone such a setup for obvious reasons.

i used neumann kh 310 + genelec 7050 for a while because genelec subs was a much superior foot-rest than neumann's own sub ;)

that being said, i recommend you sell all your current gear and buy 8351s since they're totally amazeballs.

Thx for your reply lukester ! Much appreciated! Havent got a billion $ for the 8351s though ;)
Im using the combination of the 7050 and yamaha tops now and it sounds great!
Best wishes
Andreas