Message Boards

8020B Angled Mount?

pmj-, modified 5 Years ago.

8020B Angled Mount?

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 9/18/16 Recent Posts
Hi

Is there a mount of some sort that I can attach to a mic or floor stand that will allow me to angle my 8020B's over a wide degree range?

I know you can get the 8020-408 stand plate and then angle the speaker in the usual way with the Isopod, but can more exaggerated angles be achieved somehow?

I was thinking of the kind of angles that can be achieved with the ceiling and wall mounts. Can either of those mounts be fixed to a floor or mic stand?

This is for an art installation where the speakers will be bouncing sounds around flat surfaces in a gallery space, so some unusual angle set ups may useful. Something that gives a full tilt like these old 1032a mounts, for example:

Thanks!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: 8020B Angled Mount?

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Good question! Can you take a look at our accessories brochure, page 9, product 8000-436. Might that work for your application? You could install it also upside down or horizontally to a wall if required.

http://www.genelec.com/professional-audio-accessories-0
pmj-, modified 5 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 9/18/16 Recent Posts
Thanks! Can these be mounted to a floor stand? It's not intended to be a permanent installation.

I guess the block intended to be attached to the ceiling could be attached to a board to act as a floor stand?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Thanks! Can these be mounted to a floor stand? It's not intended to be a permanent installation.

I guess the block intended to be attached to the ceiling could be attached to a board to act as a floor stand?

Yes, that would work just fine.