Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Couple of problems with new 7370A

nicholas-g, modified 5 Years ago.

Couple of problems with new 7370A

Padawan Posts: 29 Join Date: 11/4/15 Recent Posts
I have noticed a couple of issues with my setup (GLM 2.1.0 on a Macbook running 10.11.6, 2 x 8351A plus 1 x 7370A)

1) After calibration on the Group screen, when you click on the subwoofer icon, there is a button marked "Update firmware" on the screen that appears. The current firmware version is 1.2.2.2013. When I click on the update button, a new message appears "Updating. Please Wait" and a blue progress bar gets longer. There is then a pop-up window "Update Complete". I click on the "OK" button but the firmware version has not changed.

2) Phase Calibration

a) When I click on the subwoofer icon I get the message "73xx subwoofer and selected monitor need the analog FROM subwoofer's 'TEST 1 OUT' TO monitor's 'ANALOG IN'.
If I ignore this and click on one of the speakers the calibration can proceed. I'm just curious is this a bug or user error.

b) I also wonder why I need to select one speaker when I have a 2.1 setup.

Thanks for all your help,
Nicholas
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Couple of problems with new 7370A

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
1. You should close the subwoofer setup window and reopen it. Now you will see the updated firmware version.
2. This is normal because you have 8351s as monitors. They require this extra cable during phase calibration for proper operation.
3. This is normal too. Phase calibration is always done between a subwoofer and a single monitor. This is how it technically needs to be done to work correctly.
nicholas-g, modified 5 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 29 Join Date: 11/4/15 Recent Posts
The next day the subwoofer firmware showed as updated (having re-booted the laptop).

I'm curious why there needs to be an analog cable from the subwoofer to the monitor, also does it matter which monitor?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts

I'm curious why there needs to be an analog cable from the subwoofer to the monitor, also does it matter which monitor?

The cable is needed for the phase test signal to be played simultaneously from the subwoofer and the monitor. You should connect the cable to the monitor that you will calibrate the phase with, typically the monitor located closest to the subwoofer or center channel monitor in multichannel system.