Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Buying my first monitors!

magm17, modified 5 Years ago.

Buying my first monitors!

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 7/27/16 Recent Posts
Hello everyone!

Im buying my first set of monitors pretty soon and I need help choosing. I really have no experience, so I came here for advice. Im planning on setting them up in my room, which isnt that big. These are the measurements: lenght = 3.86m(12.6ft), width = 3.14m(10.3ft) and height 2.29m(7.5ft). From everything I've read so far I get the idea that these could be the best options: 8010A, 8020C and M030. The thing now is I don't know which to choose. :?:

Thanks to all future responses!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Buying my first monitors!

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

All of those options are suitable for your room size, it's more about your budget than the size of the monitors or the room. Unfortunately it is no secret that the more you spend, the better sound quality you will get! :) M030 offers a lot for the price you pay.

Hi Illka,

Thank you so much for your reply! At the end Icame to the same conclusion, but I do need good bass response so the 8010As are out of the game now. Now Im thinking about either getting the 8020Cs and later on a subwoofer, M030s or 8030Bs. The price is also an important factor. The M030s look like the best option for now.

Thanks again!

I would not overlook the 8010A + 7040A system, it's a great combination and will give you solid bass extension at least down to 30 Hz. It's my personal favourite of our smaller systems. :) It does not play as loud as the M030 or 8030 but the bass response is much better.

Alright! Ill take it into consideration! Ill keep in touch :mrgreen:

Hey Illka one last thing!

I think you are right and its way better if I get the sub :D , but why the 8010As and not the 8020Cs? Why is the system with the 8010As your personal favorite?

I wasn't talking about absolute quality but price to performance and size ratio. :) Of course 8020C and bigger monitors will provide better absolute quality.

Ok! Thanks for all the help :D