Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

How do open a 7370A subwoofer wooden shipping crate?

nicholas-g, modified 5 Years ago.

How do open a 7370A subwoofer wooden shipping crate?

Padawan Posts: 29 Join Date: 11/4/15 Recent Posts
My 7370A arrived today in a wooden crate. How do you go about opening the crate and removing the subwoofer with out damaging the subwoofer or the crate?

Regards,
Nicholas
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: How do open a 7370A subwoofer wooden shipping crate?

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Thank you for your question. You should be able to locate two metal lips (sort of like hinges) on each side of the box (both top and bottom so a total of 16 lips). You should pry them open for example with a screw driver. After that, you can lift up the lid and/or the middle section. Subwoofer will be laying on the bottom part.
thesky555, modified 5 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 48 Join Date: 1/26/15 Recent Posts
Hey Nicholas,

You’re one of the first in the world to hear this subwoofer. What are your impressions?

Yes, it makes a pair of 8351As go louder and deeper, but what else? There are still not a single test or user review to be found anywhere on the net. Does it affect punch, rhythm, cohesiveness, distortion, clarity etc.?

The right page to use for sharing your impressions might be this one viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2358
nicholas-g, modified 5 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 29 Join Date: 11/4/15 Recent Posts
I've not listened to it yet. It's very heavy and I'm waiting for my wife to help me move it into the music room. It is currently sitting on the use of the shipping crate, near the front door where the very nice chap form FedEx left it.

Also need an additional AES cable that won't arrive until next week.

Also need to adjust the height of the stands the 8351 are on.

So may have initial impressions late next week.
thesky555, modified 5 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 48 Join Date: 1/26/15 Recent Posts
Looking forward. :)