Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

GLM 2 - Windows 10 Pro - shutdown

sonicimage, modified 5 Years ago.

GLM 2 - Windows 10 Pro - shutdown

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 4/29/11 Recent Posts
Hello!

I upgraded my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro last weekend.
After upgrade I noticed that when I shut down my pc the set of Genelec 8320As go mute.
I tried also with Store Current Group Settings at Current Level to SAM Monitors, but the result was the same.
I didn't have this issue while running Windows 7.

If I pull the USB plug before shutting down, loudspeaker set operates normally like it did with W7.

Is there something I can do to keep loudspeakers running without having the pc on at the same time?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: GLM 2 - Windows 10 Pro - shutdown

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Can you check what is the status of the network adapter LED when you shut down the PC? I suspect that the device will be powered off (LED off) but then comes back on (LED on) which then mutes the monitors.
sonicimage, modified 5 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 4/29/11 Recent Posts
During the starup LED is ON a couple of times and when the boot is finished LED is OFF.
LED starts flashing when I start GLM 2 and when I shut down the PC while GLM 2 is running (and LED flashing)
the LED goes OFF with normal sound. Just before the PC powers down the LED goes ON and sound mutes.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Ok, so it is as I suspected, the network adapter is first powered down and then back up, which mutes the monitors (this is normal safety operation). You should check your USB power management/suspend settings from Windows and possibly BIOS too to prevent this from happening. You should be able to setup your system so that USB ports are not powered when the computer is turned off.