Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

wireless remote unavailable?

philmas, modified 6 Years ago.

wireless remote unavailable?

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 10/5/15 Recent Posts
Hello everybody.
I'm new to this forum, and a happy owner of two 8260 monitors.
When upgrading from GLM I to GLM II, I have been told by the french reseller (Audiopole S.A) that the wireless remote control was no longer available, and that they could only supply the cable version???
This sounds really weird to me...could someone from Genelec confirm this information?
Thanks a lot

Philmas

edit: I couldn't find any reference to the wireless remote (9101) on Genelec's main site except they still mention "wireless control" in the GLM2 specs! "Volume control functions via GLM software master fader or via external wired or wireless volume controllers covering all ..." :shock:
christre, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: wireless remote unavailable?

Youngling Posts: 15 Join Date: 12/12/10 Recent Posts
I just sent you a PM. :)
nicholas-g, modified 6 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 29 Join Date: 11/4/15 Recent Posts
I'm curious what the answer to this question is, as well. Can you share?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi all,

The production of the wireless remote has indeed been discontinued. We naturally continue to support and service the existing units.
daiyama, modified 6 Years ago.

Padawan Posts: 73 Join Date: 1/4/16 Recent Posts
Hi Ilkka,
are you planning to replace the wireless remote control with a new model?
In my opinion for the home user market it is an important feature.
At least for myself I can say that I would not have bought my 8351 without the wireless remote control.
With the wireless remote one can have such a nice small set-up, so I hope you will continue wireless remote control, maybe with advanced features compared to the old one. ;-)

Cheers

Knut

No comment? That is not very promising.... ;)
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Unfortunately I can not comment on any future products. :)

Ok, as long as there will be future products. :lol: