Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Will 8351A receive universal mains update?

will-rice, modified 6 Years ago.

Will 8351A receive universal mains update?

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 7/1/10 Recent Posts
Hi Genelec,

I was wondering if the 8351A is going to be updated to include a universal mains voltage PSU to take it in-line with the new 8340A and 8350A models and the rest of the 83XX line-up?

If the answer is no, would it be possible to purchase alternative PSUs for the 8351s I have on order so that I can swap the PSUs over myself when I travel between the UK and USA? I hate the idea of having loads of large (potentially poorly shielded) step-up / step-down transformers in a recording studio, not to mention the additional shipping weight! I build my own outboard gear, so I'm confident I'd be capable of performing the modification myself.

Many thanks in advance,

Will
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Will 8351A receive universal mains update?

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Genelec,

I was wondering if the 8351A is going to be updated to include a universal mains voltage PSU to take it in-line with the new 8340A and 8350A models and the rest of the 83XX line-up?

In general I can't talk about any future products or updates here, but I don't see such update coming in the near future at least. It would require a total redesign of the whole PSU.

If the answer is no, would it be possible to purchase alternative PSUs for the 8351s I have on order so that I can swap the PSUs over myself when I travel between the UK and USA? I hate the idea of having loads of large (potentially poorly shielded) step-up / step-down transformers in a recording studio, not to mention the additional shipping weight! I build my own outboard gear, so I'm confident I'd be capable of performing the modification myself.

Many thanks in advance,

Will

I know a few cases where for example a customer has moved from Europe to USA and he has requested a transformer swap, but that has been performed in our service centre in Finland. We don't sell individual service components directly to customers.