Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Genelec 8351 + 7260 or 7270 sub

jantex, modified 5 Years ago.

Genelec 8351 + 7260 or 7270 sub

Padawan Posts: 36 Join Date: 3/11/15 Recent Posts
Hi,

I am a long time super satisfied 8351 user. Despite the fact that they play flat down to 30Hz in my pretty small but professionally treated control room (16mm2) I started thinking to add a sub to extend all the way down to 20Hz and full range experience. While looking at Genelec catalogs and recommendations it is obvious that 7270 sub is recommended additon to the 8351s, but I am wondering whether 7260 would be enough, since it is much smaller, lighter and also cost slightly less. Since calibrated 8351 provide more than enough SPL for my needs and have never seen protection limiters kick in, I am less interested in the SPL extension, but more in frequency extention. What would be the benefits of adding more expensive and larger sub in this terms?

Thank you in advance for your advice.
thesky555, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Genelec 8351 + 7260 or 7270 sub

Padawan Posts: 48 Join Date: 1/26/15 Recent Posts
Hey Jantex,
You’re in luck!
The new (and long awaited) 7360 and 7370 subs have just been launched today! They will be in the same series as your 8351s and should be a better match
http://www.genelec.com/genelec-expands- ... sound-2016