Message Boards

Help with 7060B/8240 set up

megatrax, modified 5 Years ago.

Help with 7060B/8240 set up

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 2/7/16 Recent Posts
I have a 7060B with a pair of 8240's and have also purchased the GLM 2.0 System kit. Question I have is the production room I'm in is not ideal and your help would be invaluable. Just as a side note, I am a producer of a Broadcast Network in California and recently recommended and finally have purchased 15 pairs of 8240's, 3 pairs of 8040's and 11 pairs of 8010's and are very happy with them. My post here is that I set up the systems for my colleagues with no issues but this particular setup for my production studio needs your help. The space I'm in is such that I have to set up the monitor system into a corner of the room. I have Auto Cal the space quite few times and am still not 100% happy with my mix results, I still feel a lack of bass in the final mix is evident, meaning too much is generated in my small space. Could you please 1. the best way of calibrating the system via GLM to the room acoustics, I have an analogue sub and DSP mains. 2.Subwoofer placement and main speakers placement since I'm facing a corner of the room.

Thank you in advance for your help and direction.
1038, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Help with 7060B/8240 set up

Jedi Master Posts: 340 Join Date: 4/6/09 Recent Posts
Can you post screen shots of your GLM calibration?

How do your mix's translate if you remove the 7060 from your system?

GLM can't help when it comes to setting the 7060 up, so you'll need to set the filters and phase manually. Do you use any room measurement software such as REW? What are your current subwoofer settings?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: Help with 7060B/8240 set up

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts

Thank you in advance for your help and direction.

Hi there,

I will send you a PM and put in direct contact with our USA subsidiary/office who could offer you local/on-site help with the GLM calibration.