Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8010A + 7040A Connection question.

sonotrigger, modified 5 Years ago.

8010A + 7040A Connection question.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/23/16 Recent Posts
Hi guys,

I own a 8010A pair and I am planning to add a 7040A to the "family" to increase the low range.

I am curious about the connections, as I think the 7040A doesn't have any "bypass" or "deactivation" switch (some subs have a plug for a footswitch controller to activate/deactivate it) ... So I guess if I connect my main out to the 7040A and then the 8010A pair through it using the sub outputs, I will always need to have the sub powered and sounding, to get sound into the monitors right ?

If so ...

As I have a monitor control (Presonus CentralStation) which allows me to have two outputs simultaneously, could I send one of the outputs to the 8010A and the other to the 7040A so I can decide whether the sub use or not, or should the 8010A get the signal always through the 7040A outs to apply any kind of crossover/balancing process ?

Thanks for your help, can't wait to get the whole system working together.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: 8010A + 7040A Connection question.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

The signal needs to go through the subwoofer because that is where the bass management (crossover filtering) is done. Why would you want to bypass/deactivate the subwoofer? You need to connect the input/output cables together in order to bypass the subwoofer.
sonotrigger, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: 8010A + 7040A Connection question.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 2/23/16 Recent Posts
Cool , thanks that solves my doubt.