Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

BIG ISSUE with 8260 when switching AES EBU sources-

ensoniq, modified 5 Years ago.

BIG ISSUE with 8260 when switching AES EBU sources-

Padawan Posts: 47 Join Date: 5/30/15 Recent Posts
I am using the 8260 connected with a professional AES/ EBU cable between a Blue Ray Player and the 8260.

When I switch off the 8260 then and plug in a different AES/ EBU cable from a different source (professional Audio Interrface Metric Halo uln-8) the Monitors will turn automatically into a "MONO" only mode. This MONO- mode will stay persistend until I reset the monitors with a GLM2 Preset . Wow , this is really a big problem in my studio, because I have to switch from time to time between my ULN-8 audio interface and other digital sources . And so far I was not aware that there is such thing like "8260 DSP MONO mode" .

@Genelec , can you please tell me how to get rid of this behaviour ? looking forward to your answer/ thank you
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: BIG ISSUE with 8260 when switching AES EBU sources-

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Thank you for feedback. This is a known bug and we are working on a fix. I will contact you directly once it is available, hopefully within the next week.

Thanks for your quick repsonse, is there a timeline for a fix ? and how will the patch then being installed, through GMS Software (?) thats a serious issue

thanks again

Hi,

We are working on a fix as we speak. The firmware update is already done but it still needs more internal testing before we can release it. Update will require a special software tool which will be delivered to you personally.

Hi Illka,

thanks a lot, much appreciated !

Udo

Hello,

Have you enabled the stored settings dip switch on both units stored your settings into speakers before switching them off? If you haven't, then the described behaviour is normal because speakers will go to default settings after power reset and there the channel setting is A+B for both speakers.

Hi,

I have sent you email today about the firmware update. Please see it.