Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Accidental overload with 8040b

zesmusic, modified 6 Years ago.

Accidental overload with 8040b

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/23/16 Recent Posts
Hey everyone,

I have bought a set of new genelec 8040b and I hooked them up to my RME Fireface 802 yesterday and i am extremely happy with them. Have been saving up money and never had monitor speakers before so this is an amazing step forward for me in terms of sound quality and monitoring.

This afternoon, i accidentally upped the volume of the Fireface to an excruciating level (maximum of the slider) during music production. (i was accidentally scrolling on the volume slider in the TotalMix software) The green led indicators immediately turned red and the entire room was shaking. I turned down the volume as quickly as I could (must have only been 2-3 seconds) but now I am wondering if I could have damaged the speakers.

I know there is an overload protection circuit in the speakers but could anyone tell me if I should get the monitors checked out or not? :)

Really worried about my babies.

Thank you in advance!
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Accidental overload with 8040b

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

There is no need to worry, your babies are just fine. :) Overload and protection circuits are just made for this kind of accidents.
zesmusic, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Accidental overload with 8040b

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/23/16 Recent Posts
Thanks so much for the reply! :)