Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Problem saving current level to 7260A

cseres, modified 6 Years ago.

Problem saving current level to 7260A

Youngling Posts: 10 Join Date: 9/25/12 Recent Posts
Hi,

when I try to store calibration and limit the maximum level to say -50 dB with Store Current Group Settings at Current Level to SAM monitors in GLM 2.0.6 with Mac OS X 10.9.5 for a pair of 8240A monitors and 7260A, after disconnecting the GLM box and switching power off and on for loudspeakers, the subwoofer has very loud volume as if the level had not been saved at all.

I tried to change the dip switch of 7260A to manual control and back to stored control, then saving again, but still same result.

I had the same problem with GLM 2.0.5. Only with my previous GLM 1.x I managed to save volumes properly.

At the moment I circumvented the problem by reducing 50 dB of each monitor's level in GLM and then storing at full level. This seems to work properly.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Problem saving current level to 7260A

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Thank you for reporting. We will investigate your problem. :)
cseres, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Problem saving current level to 7260A

Youngling Posts: 10 Join Date: 9/25/12 Recent Posts
Thank you for reporting. We will investigate your problem. :)

Is there any progress on this? Workaround (manually setting minus level in each loudspeaker's settings in GLM2 and using "Store at full level") is still ok, but it seems like a bug if "Store Current Group Settings at Current Level to SAM monitors" sticks to 8240As fine, but 7260A ignores it.

Confirmed with GLM 2.1.0 Build 81 on Mac 10.9.5. GLM2 firmware 1.0.8.2040, 8240A firmware 8240A 2 0008 0070 0170 and 7260A firmware 7260A 1 0101 0116 0115. Loudspeakers either with without GLM2 connection or connected to GLM2 powered by usb adapter and with 9310A volume control.