Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

NEW 8351 cant get signal from AES input

snoggin, modified 6 Years ago.

NEW 8351 cant get signal from AES input

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 12/31/15 Recent Posts
Or Im not able to Im coming out of an Avid HD/IO via AES and ito the 8351 but not able to hear anything.. Ive tried several differnt channels of output.. I se it on the HD/IO but nothing out of the monitors... I have the volume wired remote for the GLM system for volume control which shows up in the software doing its thing but no sound

I imagine its user error

Ive run GLM and saved my settings.
I have my dipswitches in the proper positions for A and B

What could be the isssue? Ive also tried switching out cables but nogo and they are all new
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: NEW 8351 cant get signal from AES input

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
First thing is to make sure your are getting signal out from your DAW. After that, we can concentrate in GLM and if everything is configured correctly there.

You don't need to set up any dip switches if you are running GLM. It overrides all manual settings.
p-dg, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 1/1/16 Recent Posts
First try to complete the full calibration setup, you have to hear sounds at the calibration process. After completing the setup you have to hear sound from the monitors.
snoggin, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 5 Join Date: 12/31/15 Recent Posts
Ok! I have it sorted I think more or less.. In the GLM pane another question

Alot of the view info options are N/A Not available Is that normal?

Thanks
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Available info options vary slightly between different models. N/A is shown if the info is not available for that specific speaker model.
duckrock, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Re: NEW 8351 cant get signal from AES input

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 5/20/19 Recent Posts

Hi I'm having exactly the same problem with a new set of 8351s.

I have checked there is AES present in the cable, updated firmware, restarted everything etc etc.

Am using GLM.

Any ideas?

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: NEW 8351 cant get signal from AES input

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts

Hello,

Could you be kind and please reach us through link below. Could you please inform the serial numbers of your monitors, and also let us know what equipment you have connected to the monitors, and also what signal cables are you using and how long are the cables?

https://www.genelec.com/technical-enquiry-form ​​​​​​​

Best Regards,
​​​​​​​Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team