Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

AES/EBU channel problem with 8250A in stand-alone mode

christre, modified 6 Years ago.

AES/EBU channel problem with 8250A in stand-alone mode

Youngling Posts: 15 Join Date: 12/12/10 Recent Posts
Hello,

I recently received my GLM 2.0 kit and I simply love the stand-alone-volume-control-function using the wireless remote.

The only (but actually deal breaking) issue I've come across is, that I simply can't get a stereo separation in stand-alone mode.

As long as the GLM software is running, everything works fine. As soon as it doesn't the stereo Image (A/B) is replaced by a mono signal (A+B).

Please tell me this is not intentional, as it doesn't seem to make any sense. Or hopefully I'm just overlooking something that made me hook up my set-up wrong.

My set-up:

AES/EBU source -> single AES/EBU cable -> digital in right speaker -> 2nd single AES/EBU cable digital thru from right speaker -> digital in left speaker.

Right Speaker: the AES/EBU (3rd switch/ 2nd row) dip switch is set to B (ON), while the 2nd switch is set to OFF.
Left Speaker: the AES/EBU (2rd switch/ 2nd row) dip switch is set to A (ON), while the 3rd switch is set to OFF.

Network cable goes into Control Network In right speaker -> 2nd network cable from Control Network Thru -> left speaker.

I also tried the STORED dip switch ON and OFF after calibration and storing the calibrated settings inside the speakers.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: GLM 2.0 news | updates | communication

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

Of course that is not intentional or normal behaviour. Can you send your GLM setup file to to SAM@genelec.com ?
christre, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: GLM 2.0 news | updates | communication

Youngling Posts: 15 Join Date: 12/12/10 Recent Posts
Hi,

Of course that is not intentional or normal behaviour. Can you send your GLM setup file to to SAM@genelec.com ?

Done.
I forgot to mention that I'm running a pair of 8250As.