Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Firmware 8250 SAM monitors

hansi, modified 6 Years ago.

Firmware 8250 SAM monitors

Youngling Posts: 13 Join Date: 6/8/13 Recent Posts
Hello Ilkka,
i just noticed that GLM 2.0.5 displays a firmware version for my 8250 speakers.
It indicates "8250A 2 0008 0061 0030" for the left speaker and "8250A 2 0008 0057 0026" for the right one.
This makes me wonder if it is correct that the two speakers indicate different firmware versions (if they are actually different) and, of course, whether this is the latest version.
Thanks for your support!
Markus
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Firmware 8250 SAM monitors

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Markus,

I checked that the firmware was changed around April 2011. We manufacture speakers as units, not as pairs, so it is possible that two speakers manufactured even on same day can have different firmware version. The 0061 0030 is the latest version. You should not worry about this though because different version doesn't affect how the speaker sounds. They can be used as a pair in stereo system without any problems.
hansi, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 13 Join Date: 6/8/13 Recent Posts
Hello Ilkka,
thanks for the reply. So if i understand correctly, the features of the speaker, i.e. filter shape or filter impementation, is identical in both firmware versions and there is no need to update one of them?
Thanks,
Markus
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi Markus,

That is correct, there is no need to update the firmware.