Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8030A with 5040 sub or 1092 ? Pros and Cons

zutko, modified 6 Years ago.

8030A with 5040 sub or 1092 ? Pros and Cons

Youngling Posts: 4 Join Date: 12/4/15 Recent Posts
As topic says, i need a sub for my setup in my home studio. Studio is not yet fully treated, but almost. Even now i feel like i am lacking some depth in my low end. So i decided to get a sub.
My room is 2.1m wide and 3.4 long. My desk is in front of a windon/door ( not so wide ). Back wall is a wardrobe and side walls are made of concrete. So a lot of basstraps and thick panels.
Now to the sub. Since the studio is very small, and it is in apartment, i can not go crazy with something big. I know that SPL of 5040 and 8030 is different, and i am never going to play THAT loud, i wonder if this would be enough ? And also, will 5040 give me ind of depth in low end i am looking for ?
When it comes to 1092, since it is a older model, will it work with 8030 and if so, what do i need to think about ?
And last but not least, pros and cons on both subs. Thank you

Re: 8030A with 5040 sub or 1092 ? Pros and Cons

2 more queations: will Genelec 8030 work with F One sub? And where can i purchase 5051A in Sweden?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

5040 and F One are basically the same subwoofer, just a different model name. They are recommended to work with 6010, 8020, G One and G Two.

Recommended subwoofers for 8030 are 7050 and 7060. F Two can be used too because it has similar performance to the 7050.

5051 is a discontinued model which has been replaced by F Two.

7050 would be just way too much for my room. I read something here on forum about 5040 and 8030 so i'll give it a go. Thank you for your reply....