Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8330 + 7350 SAM in acoustic difficult room

mikehunter, modified 6 Years ago.

8330 + 7350 SAM in acoustic difficult room

Youngling Posts: 18 Join Date: 12/18/14 Recent Posts
Hi Ilkka, Hello Forum,

i´m thinking of updating my 8330 SAM speakers with an 7350 Sub.
Not because i need more sub, but i have a very acoustic difficult room.
i often read, sub can improve sound quality in small rooms.

my problem here is, even with GLM measurement i have at listening position
very little low end. if i sit back 1 more meter from the desk its getting much better.
moving the desk an furniture is no option here

my question is, is it possible via GLM 2.0 to change to Volume on just
the 7350? also Cutoff Frequency und Roll off?
my fear is, that after the measurement i have too much low
end, especially since the 7350 is a huge one for my small room and goes down to 20hz.. (hello neighbors ;-))
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: 8330 + 7350 SAM in acoustic difficult room

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

GLM offers full control for every individual speaker and subwoofer in the system. You can control level, room calibration, roll-off, crossover and delay. :)