Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

GLM Adapter newbie doubt

adrjork, modified 6 Years ago.

GLM Adapter newbie doubt

Youngling Posts: 7 Join Date: 10/29/15 Recent Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm new in Genelec SAM system and I have a doubt:
I have a SAM system (2x 8330A + GLM Adapter), and I've done the calibration via software (GLM2). To maintain the calibration active, do I have to launch the GLM2 software every time I use the speakers? Or simply - once you've done software calibration - the GLM Adapter automatically remember the calibration profile and load it even without GLM2 software?
Thanks a lot.
bourne, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: GLM Adapter newbie doubt

Padawan Posts: 74 Join Date: 2/26/14 Recent Posts
You can store the settings directly in the speakers, the SAM Software offers this functionality.
1038, modified 6 Years ago.

Jedi Master Posts: 340 Join Date: 4/6/09 Recent Posts
If you look across the menu toolbar, you will see the word store, click on this and you will see 2 options, choose Full Level, then disconnect GLM. Remember, if you change anything before disconnecting GLM, it will be active on the speaker until you disconnect the power and reconnect. Cycling the power will load the saved settings.

Thanks you all so much.
I suppose that once you store another *.SAM profile into the monitors, the former one will be deleted and only the last will be stored. Right?
1038, modified 6 Years ago.

Jedi Master Posts: 340 Join Date: 4/6/09 Recent Posts
Yes that is correct.

Please, confirm to me just one last thing:
I've made two calibrations, the 1st saved as test_one.sam, and the second saved as test_two.sam. I've stored both the first (test_one.sam) and then the second (test_two.sam) into the monitors at full level.
Now I've changed my mind: I'm pretty sure that the first calibration was better, so to change calibration I run GLM2.app, then FILE > OPEN to open the Setup Files folder and I choose test_one.sam, and at this point STORE > STORE CUSTOM CALIBRATION AT FULL LEVEL. At this point the former calibration (test_one.sam) should overwrite test_two.sam into the monitors memory. Now, even without running GLM2 software, every time I'll turn on the monitors, they'll work with test_one.sam calibration.

Is it all right? Or did I make any mistake?

Another little doubt: during calibration, once you've doble-clicked the mic icon in the grid (and you hear the two sweeps), you have to click on the "optimize" button, but my doubt is: does it need simply to click "optimize" (without first clicking monitors icons) to calibrate both monitors, or does it need to click one monitor icon first and only at this point you can click the "optimize" button (and then do the same for the other monitor)?

Thanks all for your precious help.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Please, confirm to me just one last thing:
I've made two calibrations, the 1st saved as test_one.sam, and the second saved as test_two.sam. I've stored both the first (test_one.sam) and then the second (test_two.sam) into the monitors at full level.
Now I've changed my mind: I'm pretty sure that the first calibration was better, so to change calibration I run GLM2.app, then FILE > OPEN to open the Setup Files folder and I choose test_one.sam, and at this point STORE > STORE CUSTOM CALIBRATION AT FULL LEVEL. At this point the former calibration (test_one.sam) should overwrite test_two.sam into the monitors memory. Now, even without running GLM2 software, every time I'll turn on the monitors, they'll work with test_one.sam calibration.

Is it all right? Or did I make any mistake?

That is correct! :)

Another little doubt: during calibration, once you've doble-clicked the mic icon in the grid (and you hear the two sweeps), you have to click on the "optimize" button, but my doubt is: does it need simply to click "optimize" (without first clicking monitors icons) to calibrate both monitors, or does it need to click one monitor icon first and only at this point you can click the "optimize" button (and then do the same for the other monitor)?

Thanks all for your precious help.

Only one "optimize" is needed whether you have 1 or 30 monitors.

Without first selecting neither one monitor icon? So simply double-click mic-icon, waiting for double-sweep, then just clicking "optimize", right?
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Without first selecting neither one monitor icon? So simply double-click mic-icon, waiting for double-sweep, then just clicking "optimize", right?

Correct!

Thanks so much!