Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

GLM 2 and 8240 saving settings

wallyw26, modified 6 Years ago.

GLM 2 and 8240 saving settings

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 10/6/15 Recent Posts
Could someone take the time to explain saving a GLM 2 set up into the 8240 monitors? I see that on the GLM 2 software I can save settings to monitor. I want to operate calibrated/stand-alone. Does the manual control/saved dip switch on the 8240 still function with when calibrating with a GLM 2? Thank you.
1038, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: GLM 2 and 8240 saving settings

Jedi Master Posts: 340 Join Date: 4/6/09 Recent Posts
It is a 2 stage process, first calibrate the speakers from GLM and then select store/store current group at....

This will store the calibration file in non volatile RAM in the speaker. The stored/manual control switch must be in stored for the speaker to use these settings, if it is in manual control, it will simply use the adjacent dip switches for its settings. Now this is the important thing to understand...The speaker will only look at these dip switches when no GLM network is present and the power has been cycled.

Remember that when ever GLM is connected it has full control, the system is designed to be very robust, so if the network goes down or you disconnect the network cables the system will retain it's current setting and you can keep working. For example you may have had a room calibration loaded but turned the volume down whilst talking to someone,if you disconnect now or the network falls over the system will stay in this attenuated state until the network is restored and you can then turn the volume back up or the power is cycled. If the power is cycled and the network is disconnected, the speaker will do what the stored/manual switch is set at...

I hope that makes sense :)
wallyw26, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: GLM 2 and 8240 saving settings

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 10/6/15 Recent Posts
Thank you Steve, it works the way you describe.