Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Problem with GLM 2.0.5 on OSX El Capitan 10.11

xmnr, modified 6 Years ago.

Problem with GLM 2.0.5 on OSX El Capitan 10.11

Youngling Posts: 10 Join Date: 3/8/12 Recent Posts
Hi there,

Yesterday I got the pair of 8351 with the GLM 2.0 kit. Setup is as follows:

Sound goes via AirPlay into the AppleTV,
from there via TOSLink into a format converter converting to AES/EBU (75 to 110 ohms etc.),
from there via XLR into one 8351,
from there into the other 8351 (daisy chaines).

Data goes via USB into the GLM 2.0 box,
from there via CAT5 into the one speaker,
from there into the other (parallel to the XLR cables).

Now the only problem so far is:

each and every few seconds the sound is dimmed and then back to normal.

I thought it is the XLR cabling or a jitter lock problem, but found out that as soon as the GLM software on my MacBook Air is in the background (i.e. not in focus) this happens. As long as it is the application in front / focus it doesn’t happen!

So switching to iTunes, Safari, going into Screensaver the sound problems come up. As soon as I switch to the GLM app they vanish!

I am still waiting for the wireless remote controller "9101", but for now I am not very happy with a faulty volume control app.

Thanks for your help or even a beta version of 2.0.6 …
René
ilkka-rissanen, modified 6 Years ago.

Re: Problem with GLM 2.0.5 on OSX El Capitan 10.11

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
Hello,

Have you already disabled App Nap?

http://osxdaily.com/2014/05/13/disable- ... -mac-os-x/
xmnr, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 10 Join Date: 3/8/12 Recent Posts
Thanks Ilkka,

That did the trick!

But on a per app basis was the easiest from the link you provided.
System-wide with terminal command would have been a far stretch …

audiounit, modified 6 Years ago.

Youngling Posts: 18 Join Date: 6/29/10 Recent Posts
Yeah this was happening with me as well, just so everyone knows I had app nap disabled but after the upgrade it was unchecked again and had to go back in and re tick the box.
mortenvenli, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: GLM 2.0 news | updates | communication

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 7/20/11 Recent Posts
glm 2 is unstable under os x 10.11.5 my 8250a tweeters is gone on one side and is coming and going on the left side.
ilkka-rissanen, modified 5 Years ago.

Re: GLM 2.0 news | updates | communication

Yoda Posts: 2564 Join Date: 3/23/09 Recent Posts
glm 2 is unstable under os x 10.11.5 my 8250a tweeters is gone on one side and is coming and going on the left side.

Hi,

That does not seem like a software problem, it is probably something to do with the hardware, power amplifier to be more specific. I would ask you to contact your local distributor and ask for a service: http://www.genelec.com/where-buy